Olam fórum

Fórum o judaismu a židovství.
Právě je úte říjen 16, 2018 8:17 pm

Všechny časy jsou v UTC + 1 hodina [ Letní čas ]

Autor Zpráva
 Předmět příspěvku: HOUSTON TEXANS
PříspěvekNapsal: čtv září 20, 2018 3:20 am 

— Aaron Rodgers expressed disappointment with the effort from some of the Green Bay Packers‘ younger players after a frustrating period at practice.

It appears that some of the rookie wideouts are the focus of his displeasure.

Rodgers was running the scout team during one practice session on Tuesday Garrett Celek Jersey , a sign that he likely won’t be playing in the Packers’ preseason opener on Thursday against Tennessee.

Younger players who normally may not get many reps with Rodgers got a chance to work more with the two-time NFL MVP.

There is some work to catch up to Rodgers’ high standards.

“It was one of the worst cards sessions we’ve had. I don’t know how you can make it any simpler,” Rodgers said Tuesday after practice. He was referring to how coaches will hold up an opponent’s play during the period.

“You literally have what the play would be in our terminology on the card, and the effort level was very low. Especially with what I’m accustomed to. I’ve been running that period for a number of years,” Rodgers said. “So it’s not a good start for us on the card period for the young guys.”

Rodgers is usually more diplomatic in front of reporters. He didn’t call out any players by name, but he did make sure to single out those he feels are role models, such as veterans Davante Adams, Randall Cobb and Jimmy Graham.

Rodgers liked how Geronimo Allison and DeAngelo Yancey Jerry Hughes Jersey , younger receivers with previous experience with Rodgers, have progressed. He has also gone out of his way to praise the work of Jake Kumerow, a second-year undrafted free agent.

Conversely, the three rookie receivers that the Packers took in this year’s draft — J’Mon Moore, Marquez Valdez-Scantling and Equanimeous St. Brown — may be part of that inconsistent group.

There’s a purpose behind Rodgers voicing his frustration. It doesn’t have all to do with sending a message to general manager Brian Gutekunst either as the Packers weigh roster decisions.

“No, that’s as much for you guys (the media) as it is for that guy, to let him know that I’m watching. I’m always watching — whether I’m in the play or not in the play Caleb Sturgis Jersey , when we’re going back through the film,” Rodgers said.

The quarterback said fatigue may be partly to blame for the subpar play. It is relatively early in camp, when players are still building stamina and getting reacclimated to the routine.

The team is coming off its high-profile Family Night practice on Saturday. They had a day off Sunday before two more days of practice.

“Well, I’m getting older and grumpier. I’ve been at this for a long time,” said Rodgers, who turns 35 in December. “I’m tired too, we’re all a little tired. When you get a little tired Thomas Morstead Jersey , the fuse gets a little shorter.”

Offensive coordinator Joe Philbin said the hope is that the young receivers learn from their mistakes and correct them as the preseason progresses.

“Certainly Aaron, his comments, his example, his leadership has a profound effect on the ballclub, the offense in particular and the whole team in general,” Philbin said. “His words are meaningful.”

Now that Von Miller has his new pass rushing partner, John Elway knows he needs to give Case Keenum and Demaryius Thomas some help on offense.

The Denver Broncos' general manager grabbed the top-ranked defensive player in the NFL draft Thursday night when North Carolina State defensive end Bradley Chubb fell to Denver at No. 5.

A stunned Elway said "zero" of his mock draft scenarios had Chubb falling into his lap to the thrill of superstar Von Miller and giving coach Vance Joseph the ultimate problem for a coach: an abundance of pass rushers.

Chubb will play outside linebacker in Denver where he's expected to immediately upgrade a defense that ranked third last season but surrendered a whopping 29 TD passes.

The Broncos own three more picks in the top 100 Jared Cook Jersey , including the 40th overall selection in the second round and a pair of third-rounders Friday.

Elway, who signed Keenum in free agency last month, needs more playmakers for an anemic offense. He has said he'll target a running back after releasing C.J. Anderson.

Womens Hayden Hurst Jersey

Odpovědět s citací  

Všechny časy jsou v UTC + 1 hodina [ Letní čas ]